Using social networks takes up quite a lot of our time, and sometimes too much. On the one hand, it is up to everyone what to do on the Internet, but when the question comes about schoolchildren and workers of enterprises, it becomes quite serious. And the only way out is to restrict access. In this article, we will analyze the topic “How to block Tik Tok on a router“.
Pros of blocking
- Knowing how to properly set up blocking, it can be done both for one device and for several.
- This type of blocking is considered more secure than, for example, using Hosts.
- Availability of settings, even an inexperienced user of technologies will be able to cope with such a thing.
- Access will be restricted for all types of devices that use this Wi-Fi network.
Cons of blocking
By setting up site blocking through a router, you can negatively affect the download and data transfer speed for unblocked resources. This phenomenon is quite rare, but still takes place. The process may not affect the operation of individual applications, but as for loading pages through the browser, there are already complaints here.
How to block
Follow the instructions below:
- First of all, you need to open the settings of the router itself. To do this, you need to enter any browser convenient for you and enter the combination “192.168.0.1” or “192.168.1.1” in the address bar.
- Next, you will see the main page of the router settings and a window for entering your login and password. If you did not set individual login details, then you need to enter the standard combination, as the rules are – admin / admin.
- Now the process of starting blocking will depend on the model of the router itself that you are using.
If you have a tp link router, you have the opportunity to block a specific site or create a whole list that will be subject to restrictions. Also, the owners of this router have the opportunity to configure restrictions both for a specific device and for everyone who uses your Wi-Fi network.
- Next, having opened the settings menu for the router, enter there a list of all the desired sites to which you want to block access. To do this, select the Acces Control item, then target. Now a window will open in front of you, in which you need to select the item Add New and then Mode and Domain name. Now we drive in the command bloking Tik Tok and click “Save“.
Following this path, you will designate a list of sites, including Tik Tok, that should be restricted. Next, you will see a menu, to complete the settings, you need to check all the necessary items, and at this stage you will have the opportunity to designate the time limit. For example, you can close access for several hours, a day, or for another period of time convenient for you.
How to configure a restriction on a D-Link router
- First of all, you also need to go to the menu of the router itself. To do this, type in the browser “192.168.0.1.” or “192.168.1.1.” and enter your login information.
- Next, in the router settings, open Advanced and go to Filter.
- In front of the Domain item, you need to put an icon.
- Now write Tik Tok in the window that opens and confirm the action.
- The router will automatically reboot and the restriction will start working
How to set up blocking for Asus router
It is easiest for owners of this company to set up a lock.
To do this, just like in other cases, go to the router menu through the browser and immediately start setting up restrictions:
- Opening the menu of the router, select the item “Firewall“.
- Now open the address filter and enable it by checking the appropriate box.
- Next, it remains to drive in the site address to block and restart the router.
Ready.Now you know how to set up your device and restrict access to unwanted sites for your household members.