The easiest way to download apps for Android devices is to use the official Play Store. But it happens that for some reason it does not fit, for example, this store simply does not exist on a smartphone or refuses to work. Accordingly, you need to look for an alternative option for installing the same TikTok. In this article, we will tell you whether it is possible to download TikTok without the Play Market and how to do it.
In most cases, it is recommended to use apk files to install applications on Android devices bypassing the Play Store. This is also true for Tik Tok. We will analyze this procedure first.
But smartphones and tablets from the Huawei and Honor brands deserve special mention, many models of which do not have this store, because the operating system is HarmonyOS, not Android. There is an alternative download method for them, which we will also talk about.
Install via APK file
The easiest way to install apps on Android devices is to use APK files. And Tik Tok is no exception in this matter. To get started, download the current version of the two proposed:
- TikTok is a standard application for all devices.
- TikTok Lite – light version , which is smaller and less stressful for your phone or tablet.
If you have a new mobile device, then the standard version will do, and if you have an old or weak one, then a lightweight one.
Let’s look at the installation process in more detail:
- Download the APK file from one of the links above. The easiest way to do this is from your phone. If you downloaded it from a computer, transfer the file over a USB connection.
- Next, launch any file manager installed on your Android system.
- Open the resulting apk-package.
- The security system may appear and disable this procedure. Then confirm that you want to install.
- Click on the start button and wait for completion.
- Open Tik Tok and do the initial setup.
Separately, I would like to dwell on point 4 of the instruction. On many devices, after a warning from the security system, the procedure will be interrupted. This means that you need to go to your Android settings and enable the “Unknown sources” option.
The easiest way to get to it is with the search function. This item may be under “Advanced”, “Privacy”,“Security”, “Protection” ( name may be slightly different). If you can’t find it, then look for the instructions specific to your phone or tablet, which describes in more detail how to enable the “Unknown sources” option.
Huawei and Honor devices
On modern smartphones and tablets of the Huawei and Honor brands, the HarmonyOS operating system is installed, and not the familiar Android. This is due to the applied sanctions. As a result, such devices simply cannot have a Play Store. But they have an alternative app store AppGallery. From there, download TikTok will come out without any problems. Let’s see how it’s done.
- On the desktop or in the main menu, find the AppGallery icon and tap on it.
- Log in if required.
- Activate the search area located at the top of the screen.
- Enter the query TikTok.
- A tooltip with quick search results will be displayed.Tap the “Install” button next to the app you want.
Similarly, it will come out to download the lite version of the TikTok Lite application.
In most cases, the installation of the Tik Tok application without the Google Play store is carried out through the apk file. It is very convenient and fast. The only problem that the user may face is that the procedure is blocked by the Android security system. But it’s easy enough to get around.
A separate story with some mobile devices from Huawei and Honor. They run their own operating system, and the AppGallery, rather than the Play Store, acts as the app store.